On the road again....... On our way to Apalachicola to wait. The crossing does not look good for this week. A slight possibility on Christmas day which would be great cause it's a full moon. We will wait for a sign from Eddies Weather Wag that it is safe to cross.
Really enjoyed Port St. Joe. Nice little town. Found a place that sells liquor and wine. They also have a bar with outside seating and live music. We went one night and sat around the fire with the fishing boat captains and a woman that runs a turtle sanctuary. We had our dog with us too. Very fun. Of course that was just before the weather got cold. The past few nights it got down to freezing. The days have been sunny and crisp. Also fairly windy. It was a little challenging this morning getting away from the dock.
Lots of boats here decorated for the holidays. Some were in the boat parade last weekend.
It seems a little weird not being around family and friends for the holidays. But we will be with our new friends.
Happy holidays everybody. Especially all the Leighton's who will be getting together on Christmas eve again. Thinking of you all.



Hi Pat and Dick, I can't believe how telepathic I am, connecting just before your house was to close and again now that you have entered Florida. I hope I am able to see you and spend time with you once you get to Fort Lauderdale. I live close by to all the marinas! E-mail me at conquerchaos@comcast.net when get here. I never knew what a prolific writer you are. I thoroughly enjoy your posts and the pics. Stephanie gave me the blogspot address because my phone erased it--so now I have it bookmarked on my computer.
ReplyDelete