Well, it has been a lovely 4 days but tomorrow we shove off again. We are still still here at Grafton Harbor marina. I went zip lining today. Dick refused to go and at one point I thought I was stupid not to stay with him. After the anxiety attack and the realization that I had to go forward (apparently you can't zip back the way you came) and some encouragement from the others, I was able to complete the whole 9 lines and sort of able to enjoy it.
So tomorrow we are off to Hopper marina at Kimmswick, Mo. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with my cousin Andy Leighton and his wife.
We will overnight there and then we will have a couple nights on the hook. Hope to get to Green Turtle Bay marina some time next week. We will be without WiFi during that time so will catch up after all that.
tomorrow we 2 locks to deal with and will need long lines to do it with since we have been warned that they don't have bollards and they don't provide ropes. So we have to figure it out. That is our assignment for today. Off to the bar right now where we do our best thinking. More to come.
Pat, your blog posts are great. Kinda like reading Mark Twain's "Life on the Mississippi."
ReplyDelete