Well, we made it to Carrabelle. Very sweet, functional town. Everyone is friendly and we get a free breakfast!
Eddie (of Eddie's Weather Wag) is saying there may be a weather window on Wed. We are really hoping we can spend New Years eve on the other side of Florida.
Our Canadian friends are anchored out behind Dog Island and loving the long white beaches. We will have to anchor out at least one night and let our dog run.
We found out why it is called Dog Island. Has to do with early shipping. They would put their sailors ashore there before coming into port at the America's. Because the sailors would get into port and disappear and stay. So to make sure they had help on the return voyage they had to keep them under control some how. They would pick them up again on the way out. Cute little island that all but disappears at high tide, in some places anyway.
Having fun in Carrabelle for now.


I hope this one goes through...I have written it two times already so if it is a repeat, I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteWe just returned from Grand Rapids and a Merry Christmas. We spent five days in GR with out snow or ice. Mom is recovering from a fall on Dec 2, dancing to Big Band music, and fell and fractured her right wrist. She is on the mend.
We saw Eric and Gail. Eric came to Christmas dinner at the home and later we went to his house to visit and enjoy some finer food! He is having cataract surgery in about two weeks, but has been very busy building things for money.
We saw Gail briefly, but she seems happy and doing OK. Ricky is enjoying his senior year of sports and has some colleges interested in him. Gail is still dating JT.
We are home happy to avoided the ice and snow.
I love your blogs and think it all sounds marvelous. You are doing a great job telling all the things you are seeing and learning.
I really hope we can meet up in February. Your Christmas card came and I will write back to you at that address. How fun, what an adventure. Love you guys, Phillis and bill