Thursday, March 24, 2016

It's official.  We are now Florida residents with drivers licenses and everything.  We can now vote here also.  I hope to sway the next election.  But sway it to where?  I am clueless.
Dick has spent time this week on the engines.  We now have fresh oil and coolant and also new belts on the engines.  He had someone else replace the melted exhaust pipe on the port engine.  They also found the loose wire to some electronics.  So the last vestiges of our grounding at Shark River are a vague lost memory.  Thank god we can put that behind us.  We are almost ready to leave.  I was just thinking the other day about all the things I will have to tighten up and batten down as we prepare for open sea and the gulf.  Have gotten texts from friends that have made it around Miami and up to Fort Lauderdale.  Looks like a lot of fun.  We will be sad to leave the keys behind but know that we will be back next winter.  Thinking about coming back in December if anyone is looking for a place to spend Christmas.  We will most likely be here.
Until then, we have places to see (sea) and people to meet.

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you as you head north. Lots of stormy weather this week on the Gulf Coast but you should be inland and safe. Love to hear about your adventures! Phillis and Bill

    ReplyDelete