This has been a very weird day. We started out innocently taking the boat over to A dock for a pump out. We do this every week so no big deal. But on the way back across the channel we passed something floating in the water. I asked Dick what he thought it was and at his distance he thought it look like a big dead duck ( there are a
lot of ducks in this area) From my vantage point I thought someone had taken a shirt and stuffed it with straw. It was brown and bobbing in the water. Well we parked the boat, Dick went to work, and I went to do some running around. When I got back to the boat I decided to go down to the end of our dock and see if I could see that thing floating in the water and it was about 15 feet off the end of the dock. I went back to the boat and spotted a diver swimming toward our dock. He was cleaning boat bottoms. I yelled at him to see if he could tell what that thing was floating. He swam over closer and I suggested he turn it over so we could see what it was. He touched it and immediately knew it was a dead body. I called emergency and they sent a bunch of cops and the Coast Guard. It was indeed a man's body with missing legs. That poor diver was very freaked out. He got out of the water and just wanted away from there.
It was on the news tonight. The body has not been identified. I feel so bad for him because I am thinking no one missed him.
Needless to say I have no pictures to publish.
It was a beautiful day here. I have come to appreciate the little things in life. Like a beautiful, warm day and a walk in the park with our sweet little dog.
May you all appreciate smelling the roses along the way and live every day to its fullest.
No comments:
Post a Comment