Thursday, September 29, 2016

Another balmy day in North Carolina.  We have had a couple of cool nights which is a welcome relief.  But still hard to believe that it is almost Oct. and it is this hot.
Well, we made it back from Bald Head Island.  The last stop I had with the group was Topsail.  Nice little marina.  We were able to leave Bald Head even though it wasn't the best of conditions.  The waves and the wind were high on the Cape Fear river but Ralph's American Tug got thru it like nothing.  Very nice ride.
My friend Mary Sharp joined us at Topsail.  We all went out for dinner and drinks and got loud and roudy.  It was great fun.  Live music and crazy dancing with our group.....you know who you are.  I ended up driving back to New Bern with Mary.   It's funny that what takes 2 days by boat takes 2 hours by car.  It felt good to be home and sleeping in my own bed again.
Now I am in shock because I am back to work as a nurse.  After not working for over a year it feels good to be busy but it is killing me to be on my feet for 8 hours straight.  But the pay check makes it all worth it.  I think.  I guess I can do almost anything for a year.  The long range plan for right now is to work for a year then head back to Florida and the Bahamas.  Maybe complete the loop after that and head back to Michigan.  Then we would keep going and come back here again.  But plans change so we shall see.  It's good to be here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment