Thursday, October 6, 2016

Well, we are still waiting.  Matthew is moving slowly and now may not get here before Saturday.  Which is good cause I have to work Friday till 11:30pm.  I am concerned about getting across the bridge to the other side of the Neuse river where Ralph and Linda live.  Good thing I have the weekend off.  If I can't get across on the big bridge I hope I can get across on the little bridge...the lift bridge that is near the boat.  We are prepared although they keep changing the forecast saying now that it may curve out to sea before it gets to us.  We are expecting a storm surge and already show almost 3 more feet under our keel than we normally do.  The docks are floating and we are tied to the docks so where ever the docks go, there goes the boat.  I am working today and planning to stay on the boat tonight.  The winds are definitely getting stronger.  Will post more in the next few days.  Stay hi and dry everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment