Thursday, October 29, 2015

We are still at Aqua Yacht Harbor.  Getting ready to leave and start down the Tenn-Tom Waterway.  We have 3 locks to get thru today and the first one is 85 feet deep.  This is all man made.  There are 7 locks all together on this stretch.  All going down to the Gulf.
It has been 4 days of rain and wind and cold with clearing yesterday into a beautiful sunny day.  I think it was the aftermath of the big hurricane going across Mexico and another storm that went across Florida.  It all came north and slammed us up here.  The river level will be high I'm sure.  But that's the purpose of the locks is to keep that extra water under control.  The captain is itching to get going.  Guess I better get myself together.  He is not against starting the engines as I am stepping out of the shower.  Hasn't happened yet but almost.  More down the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment