Friday, April 15, 2016

We are getting close to leaving.  Next week.  Feels like it is time to move on.  We have been finishing up last min. Projects.  Dick filed his taxes today.  Unfortunately mine are lost in the US Postal system somewhere.  Omg.  I will be late for the first time.  I'll think about it tomorrow.
We have been working on the teak railings and I have been working on the eyebrows.  Those are the pieces of teak built above the windows to catch rain.  I have 2 coats of varnish on so far.  May need more.  Dick has been working on the railings and the transom on the back of the boat.  He says we will wait till we get to New Bern to take the swim platform off and redo it.  The wood takes a beating in the sun and salt water down here.
It continues to be hot and humid down here.  We see lots of bad weather around the country but other than heat we have been pretty good.  Thank goodness for the pool and the tiki bar.  Found a mahjong game last week but none since.
My friend Mindy Noble was here for a weekend and we were able to take her out to the harbor for a dinghy ride and out to breakfast at the Hillbilly shack in the harbor.  It's a houseboat tied to a mooring ball.  You have to go by boat and they have a very limited menu.  They serve you right in your boat and I've got to say it was pretty good.
More to come.
Dicks beautiful railings.

See the eye brows?  

This is the transom.

Me and Mindy at the Sunset Grill for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment